Saturday, April 5, 2008

Save The Trees!

I don't like printing out assignments. They waste ink. Ink is not cheap. They waste paper. Paper comes from trees, need many years to grow into one fine looking big tree. That day while printing my accounting assignment. I pity the poor papers. Just one question alone i had to use 12 papers on formula sheet =_= 3 papers for the answer sheet. Essay for each question is 3 pages. So I saved the balance of the paper which were to be cut off from the assignment sheets.

Aaron sms me saying that a girl approached him when he got his assignment printed from document centre. The girl ask him about his assignment, wat subject he was taking. Then she started talking about how many trees have to chop down to make papers for our assignments. She said she was sad because her assignment oso need a lot of papers. LOL. Trees wont stop being chopped down unless everything is digitalized. Which I think it could be bad. Unless it's developed into the toys like we used to play - the board which we draw and draw and draw and can be instantly erased with the thing that we push up and down. Now i think they put tiny crushed pieces of magnets inside, so the pen tht we use is a magnet oso. Dunno if u get wat i'm saying. Oh ya, the bad point is that the later generation would not know how to write, have to rely on keyboards / keypads.

The funny thing about my accounting assignment is that, since the question was assuming that we're working in a timber mill. So I wrote save the environment XD I know my assignment will terpesong again. Sigh. Maybe thats why i dun get high marks in assignments. My conclusion oso stated if we can't reduce spoil, scrap and rework, why not take it and sell to other industries that might need them instead of us trying to dump the scraps all over the place, causing pollution. And can also reduce trees being chopped down to make into products tht they want. As the saying goes, One man's trash is another man's treasure. Very extreme hor XD The question ask us how to reduce spoilage, scrap and reworked items, i write how to recycle them instead XD I think lecturer will vomit blood.

No comments: