Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy CNY folks~

Sorry for not updating the blog. Now it's already 2.28am, not asleep. Just came back from Segambut, where my grandma's house lies. To be exact, it is now 15th Febuary. Duh, it's the 9th day of CNY, Hokkien New Year~~ Finally, after for many years, I finally get to pray on the 9th day >.< Although I do not have a certain religion, but I pray because it's a Chinese custom which might die off one day. The reason: youngsters no longer have a very clear idea of the customs and ceremonies to be taken place, except those who have been attending and helping out in every single ceremony or custom.

I did not pray on the 1st day of CNY (CNY eve), stayed home with my brother playing game, I think it was dotA. I think so la. Hmm.. The difference in this year is that I finally started talking to my cousins, especially to my cousin sisters, coz all the while I hardly mix with them. Hopefully it would turn out to be better later days.

A rumour has now been proven - my cousin brother (dad's eldest bro's youngest son = eldest uncle's younger son) is gay. My mum told me before, and I choose to believe that he was gay. Well, knowing this doesn't really change any of my view towards him. Heard that he started an affair during form 5 with his uncle bus's son. Didn't know it was that long la. Then he stayed with a man during his move out in his college years. Today, he brought a foreigner, which I heard was his colleague, and another Chinese guy which is his fren. My second uncle's second son (cousin bro) discovered it when he, out of curiousity, went to a gay bar with his friends. Suddenly he bumped into the gay cousin bro. He asked 2nd uncle's son whether he knew that he was gay. My cousin bro just got stunned, dunno wat to answer. Not sure if the other relatives knew.

Few days ago I thought about last time. When I was in my junior high school years, I asked him during CNY, when is he gonna get married coz I wanna collect angpow from him. He onli told me that he doesn't have a gf to get married so whr got angpow to give out. Then I asked him to quickly find one. =.=" Dunno my naive-ness caused him any trauma or not. Now he's already in his late 20's, soon to be 30 in a couple of years.

This year is a bad year for me to gamble. Just when I thought I wanna mix around, keep losing money. So bad luck. Sigh. Wat a way to start the new year. Aaron on the other hand, at his parents' hometown won money =.=" So I can't say that it's a bad year for the rabbits. Results vary.

Something happened on 14th nite. 2 hours before midnight (15th), a fire broke out when most of the relatives were gambling, including me. Although the fire wasn't exactly big, but it was one of the biggest fire I've seen for now. It's coconut fiber, one of the company's stock. Very easy to catch fire. Luckily it was under control, didn't need a fire truck to come put off. My swift parked a small distance away from the fire, luckily I din listen to my brother to park near the store. If not my car might kena. It all started with the little nephews playing with fireworks, along with my cousin bro and his wife to supervise the kiddies. Then came strong wind, the fireworks which was put inside a bottle dropped and the fireworks aimed for the fibers and little sparks were formed. Because the wind was strong, the sparks soon turn to fire. Small fire then becomes big fire. Soon whole thing oso on fire. All the relatives went to help, mostly the guys. While the ladies just watch and discuss how it happened and who started it.

I contributed something. Just when I had to park my mum's car somewhere, my cousin sis asked me to shine the light on the fire so that they could see. So I just sat in the car, on the hi-lights and let them put off the fire. Then sms-ed with Soo Wen about the CNY visiting plan.

This year's CNY is abit inconvenient.

No comments: